Resin Driveways Glasgow
If you’re looking for a quality resin driveway in Glasgow with a guaranteed perfect finish, you’ve come to the right place. Forget about cheap, low-quality driveways – when it comes to your driveway upgrade you want to invest in something that will really last.
With our extensive experience, always-competitive prices, and willingness to work with you every step of the way, you know you’ve made the right choice.
Get in touch today for a free, no obligation estimate on 0141 465-5988 or make contact via our website form. We don’t check these form enquiries everyday so we suggest to phone for a quicker response.
- Flexibility & Customization: This is due to the fact that resin is a synthetic polymer and it can be molded and shaped in a variety of ways. The shape, size, color and texture can all be adjusted to meet your needs.
- Durable: which means that you will not have to worry about them becoming damaged or broken due to heavy traffic or harsh weather conditions. In fact, when properly cared for, resin driveways can last up to twenty years!
- Cost Effective: The initial cost may seem a little high at first glance but when you consider all of the long term benefits, it actually becomes a very cost effective option.
- Enviromental Freindly: They do not require any toxic chemicals to produce and they do not contain any chemical substances which could potentially harm the environment either.
Most individuals require a paving contractor at some point. This might be for a large commercial development project or for something more residential in nature. Nonetheless, our contractor services are in high demand all year round. We offer a full-service job, that includes looking after drainage, paths, and building brick walls that are features. This is when our many years experiences in the industry count.
get your free driveway quote
What Is a Resin Driveway
If you’re looking for a durable, long-lasting, and beautiful driveway, both the Resin and the colour options are endless. The Resin-bound gravel is an ideal material for driveways because it is strong, flexible, and waterproof. Forget about loose gravel and loose stones with a resin drive. It also holds heat well in the summer and stays cool in the winter.
Resins are widely used in the construction industry due to their excellent performance, long life span, low maintenance, low cost and easy installation. They are also commonly used in pool surrounds and landscaping projects where water drainage is an issue.
3 Main Components
A resin bonded driveway is made from 4 different components, all of which work together to create a strong but flexible surface. The key part of resin driveways is the resin itself, which is created from polymers and other materials that are mixed and cast into a formwork system. The cast resin is then exposed to extreme heat to harden and bond with the aggregate.
That’s the main component, but there are others as well
- The aggregate: This provides strength and acts as a base for the resin. Aggregate can be sand or stone dust. The material depends on what’s available in your region and what you prefer aesthetically.
- A polymer: Resin is created from two main ingredients — a liquid polymer and an organic solvent (such as hexane). This polymer forms the backbone of the resin surface, giving it its flexibility and allowing it to be exposed to high heat without melting away.
- A curing agent: This provides further protection for the resin after casting, especially if it’s exposed to UV light. It also improves stability and increases resistance to chemicals and extreme temperatures.
While choosing the perfect driveway can be a daunting task, there are several things to consider. There are, of course, major considerations such as drainage, safety, durability, maintenance, and even the aesthetics of the finished product. But, have you considered the aggregate? When a driveway is a major part of a property, it is important to consider the type of aggregate that is suitable.
There are a variety of aggregates in different colours you can choose from, each with its unique characteristics, from its looks to the level of maintenance you need.
Resin Bond vs Resin Bounded
In a resin-bonded system, the stone is only bonded to the Resin on one side. In contrast, a resin-bound driveway features a multi-layer stone surface with a much smoother finish. It is a more modern approach that is gaining popularity, for it is said that Resin bonded driveways will last a lot longer than traditional resin-bound driveways!
A resin driveway can’t be argued against: it’s a smart choice for homeowners of all types. That said, it’s important to understand exactly what a resin or resin-based driveway is and what it can do for you.
When installed correctly, a resin driveway is very similar to asphalt in its performance and durability. It may cost a little more than asphalt, though, and resin driveway installations tend to take a little longer than asphalt ones.
Why Driveways Glasgow HQ
If you want more information on creating, transforming, and enhancing your old pathway or driveway into having a new, slip-resistant driveway for your home, we at Resin Driveways Glasgow can help you. We’ve been running resin driveways in the market for years now. We’ve built a reputation for quality resin drives, patios, paths, customer service, and outcome. We understand that resin driveways are a big investment, and we’re here to help you throughout the entire process.